Mullard had a number of Valve Service Depots throughout the country which were primarily condiuts for the return of valves and CRT under warranty, however, they had a secondary role in keeping small stocks of commonly ordered items for use in peak supply times transport not as responsive or easy in the early 1950s and no-one worried too much about inventory and factory turns!!!
The main Mullard Service Depot was at Waddon, Surrey and this was supplemented with strategically placed regional depots at Birmingham, Halifax and after 18th June 1953, another depot at 20, Renfrew Street, Glasgow. The relatively short life of early CRT and the boom in television sales in Scotland during the early 1950s made a more responsive local Service Depot an essential addition. And below here we have a photo recording the opening ceremony hosted by (3rd from LHS) Mr V Pringle, Undermanager, who bravely stepped into the breach after the Manager, Mr E B Rogers was unable to perform the ceremony due to illness.
The Valve Service Depot expansion programme continued apace during 1953 with yet another opening, this time in Bristol at Brunel House, St. George's Road, Bristol on the 10th August 1953.